Thursday, May 2, 2013

Japanese VS American Schools: Part 2

Konichiwa!!

Today I'll be continuing on about the Japanese VS American school system topic!



There is said to be immense pressure put on Japanese children to study hard and perform well in school. While this pressure has caused many Japanese children to do well in international tests, it has led to certain less desirable outcomes, like a rise in the student suicide rate. 



Even with this pressure though, it seems that the knowledge level of a Japanese student is lower after graduation from high school than that of the American student.

My friend, who has recently been to Japan, has also told me that unlike here in America where it is sometimes very hard to get into university, in Japan as long as you go to the right high schools and pass the entrance exams college is quite easy.

It is also easier getting a job because many colleges in Japan are linked to major companies. This is where many poeplego after their school life in Japan.



Once agauin I am out of time qand there is still so much on this topic that I would like to tell you so one again I'll have to leave you with......

Phrase of the day: "Watashi wa chūkan o tsūka shita!" - "I passed my midterm!!!"
                             
                             "Watashi wa chūkan ni shippai shimashita" - "I failed my midterm...."



No comments:

Post a Comment